Yesterday, I decided to go in and return the items. I knew that if they never left the store at all, they can be re-sold because there's no chance they were contaminated. Indeed, the palette is sold in a box shrink-wrapped in plastic. However, like many of us, I have a "fear of returning" things. Where does this come from? Am I afraid to admit I made a mistake? That the sales associate will become angry? Will there be a confrontation?
Anyway, I followed through on my plan. There were no sales associates around, so I had to wait forever. Then the SA had to go to the back to get the items. After she did all that, I had my card credited for the purchase prices. As I was leaving, I heard her muttering to herself "I don't understand why people do this...blah blah blah..."
Oh well, guess what--we both lived! I feel like I did the right thing. I used the money on back to school clothes for my son, and I didn't bring home things I don't really need.
Are there any other weekend success stories?
Well, I didn't haul anything this weekend so I am happy. I feel very strong lemmings comming and going. And feel restricted now and again but I am dealing with it and moving on.
ReplyDeleteWell done for returning it. The SA can moan as much as she wants, she have nothing better to do all day!
You know - its the SA's job to nice and polite and give you want ever you want; even if that 'whatever' is a return.
ReplyDeleteIgnore her.. I return everything to ULTA all the time. They know to just call the Mgr when I walk in the door. I have buyers remorse because I 'want' the items... I just dont 'need' the items.
For ppl who are not afraid of returning, sometimes you can purchase an item just to get the 'urge' out of your system and then return it if you arent compelled to open it. KWIM?
IDK ~ let the SA be mad and I hope your DS got come great items.
I got an extra $20 cash today and I wanted to haul just a little. Felt the urge to find a computer to see the d/s deals. BUT I bought my DD a baby playpen and the kids some General Tao's Chicken instead. (still got $4 left too)
*sigh*
I think people don't like to return things b/c it's obvious most businesses don't want you to return things. I mean, think about it..the main goal of any business is to sell you something. Say they've made a sale & they are happy b/c they made the basic goal of the company. However, if you return that item it's almost a slap in the face to them..now they have to get it back and try to sell it again (it may be as bad as never having sold it at all). The reason I think businesses have return policies is b/c they care about what customers think of them. They know it will look like bad customer service if they won't take products back (esp. after this has become the norm). I am not saying this is an excuse for poor customer service when returning items, but I think this is why we feel bad or guilty for returning items..it's evident on staff's faces. And I know for Nordstrom and Sephora and other beauty retailers, any returns are deducted from your daily goals. So if your sales goal was $500 for the day and you have a $50 return, that $50 is deducted from what you sold (so for example, if you sold nothing that day your sales for the day is -$50). That's why I especially feel beauty retailers are bad about taking returns. Again, no excuse but that's the reasoning. They feel pressure to sell items and keep them sold.
ReplyDeletethey wouldnt take them back in europe. no make up anyway
ReplyDeleteWhat a grouchy SA...it's pretty obvious why people do it. They changed their mind! She should look at it as an opportunity to be someone's new favorite SA when she HAS the palette that other counters are sold out of.
ReplyDeleteGood for you! I don't think there's anything wrong with returning things that don't work out for you/you changed your mind on! I mean, I think it's bad when people return clearly well-loved items, but you hadn't even gotten the palette yet! What's the SA got to lose, and quite frankly, it's none of her business anyway!
ReplyDeletePlus, with the economy how it is right now, you'd expect people to have a little more sympathy! My fav MAC MA and I actually had a little chat on how hard I am trying to save for school/medical bills right now and she was so nice and understanding and sympathetic about it - she's getting my business when I have $ to spend again.
@Rivoli I totally understand how you feel. I got a few stuff at Sephora (birthday gifts w/o gift receipts) that I had been hesitating to return.
ReplyDelete@happyhippo I'm proud of you!
@ktb Good job on spending the money on your kids instead of MU! :D
@Christy & Aly ITA with you both!
@Cat I'm happy that you have a great Mac SA friend! :D I'm still trying to find a great SA in my area!