*cough* I guess I like blush. :-x

OK! I've been doing pretty well with my low buy. I'm giving myself $5 a week and I have $42.50 saved up with another $5 coming tomorrow. Whee! I'm plotting on spending about half of it on the It Cosmetics concealer (Bye Bye Under Eye) from beauty.com, but I'm still hammering out the rest of my order.
I did succumb to the Zoya code but I'm afraid my order will be canceled. I got two np and the 8oz bottle of Remove+... the code was only supposed to be for np. Oh well, I guess we'll see what happens! My low buy doesn't restrict np or skincare since I don't tend to go nuts in those categories.
And now on to the question! At work, I just took over the awesome responsibility of taking all our bulk mail to the post office. This requires me to - gasp - drive. LOL I know that sounds strange but although I've had my license for about 8 years, I've probably only driven a few hours. I never practiced so I never got used to it. For a long time I had no access to a car... then once I did, I was too psyched out to want to drive. Anyway so this is a good thing because it forces me to get into the car once a week.
Another good thing about it is that I'll get a little extra cash! My work is paying me $5 per run - $20/month. Now the dilemma - DH suggest I use this money for MU. I know, right??? The drive hardly takes any gas (it's less than a mile round trip) and we already insure and maintain the car (DH takes the train to work but we use the car for trips and errands).
BUTTTTTTT... the reason I'm on the low buy isn't so much to save money... it's more to resist attaining more and more MU that I won't use. Clutter. Excess. So I think maybe I SHOULDN'T use the money to supplement (double!!) my low buy allowance.
Thoughts? Advice?
So that was my first blog post! I hope I did OK!
~ Anna / snickersforsnuggles
Hi Anna,
ReplyDeleteIf you really want to avoid clutter, I'd use the extra for a little fund for something else that you enjoy. Books, accessories, dinner out, shoes? Your DH is right that a treat will be nice, but maybe adding to your stash isn't really the treat it used to be.
Hi Anna! I agree - I think it would be great to use to the money for a treat, but it doesn't sound like makeup is going to give you that happy feeling it used to. Think about what else you avoid spending money on, and use it toward those kinds of purchases. I love the dinner out idea - my BF and I usually avoid eating out to save money, so that would be a great treat for someone like me.
ReplyDeleteI think maybe a vacation fund.. OR Xmas acct!!
ReplyDeleteSo that it would feel really good when you finally spend it ~ either for a great holiday OR for gifts for your friends and family.
Both of these options would be top on my list for the $$.
Hi Anna! If you're on a low-buy mostly to not increase your stash, then I think the vacation fund/xmas account sounds like a great idea! Makes me feel like I should start putting away for these things too hehe.
ReplyDeleteHi Anna, I say do a vacation jar fund (ala UP) for yourself & DH.
ReplyDeleteWhile I'm glad that your DH is supportive :D You mentioned you want to declutter? Buying more MU is not the solution then :D
Check out this book at your library
Don Aslett's "Clutter's last stand"
It's funny & utterly useful when you want to declutter. Everytime I read it (again) I go on this decluttering rampage! :D
Good luck! (((hugs)))